Friday, February 22, 2013

NEW BRAUNFELS, TX

NEW BRAUNFELS, TEXAS
Wednesday the 20th

Traveling through Gainsville, Ft Worth, Waco, we ended our day at the Worldmark Resort in New Braunfels, Texas. We will stay here a couple of days before hitting the road again.

New Braunfels is an old German community, established back in the 1800's. the Worldmark is actually 3 or 4 blocks from Gruene, also an old German community. This particular area is a tourist town and, from what we hear, quite busy during the summer! There are numerous water activities that draw kayakers, rafters and the mile. The water park, Schlitterbahn, is nearby. It calls people from as far away as Oklahoma!

Gruene is a cool town. Very old buildings give the town an antique appeal, drawing shoppers and bargain hunters to find really old stuff! Entertainers come here to perform. Famous people started out here. I don't know their names, but I'm sure they became famous. Actually, George Strait was one of them.

Our condo was the farthest one away from the main entrance. It backed up to a large brushy field on two sides and provided a little wildlife viewing. The first morning I stepped out back on the patio with a cup of coffee to welcome the warm morning. As I stepped towards the edge I heard noises in the dry grass and brush in two places. My eyesight isn't the greatest and I was straining to try to see what I saw, when Debby stepped out with her coffee. I told here there was something out there. She got all excited because the noisy animals were Deer! In fact, we counted five of them. We watched them graze and walk around in the brush. Two,of them were in the yard. Later that afternoon, Debby was in the bedroom when a couple of them came by and looked at her through the window! She doesn't get that excited when I link at her! Hmmmmm

We had no Internet service but we survived anyway.

















No comments:

Post a Comment