Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Moose Cafe

                                                                                  BBB Today was our first day in Weaverville.  Debby and Nancy planned to take a tour of the magnificent Biltmore Estates, a gorgeous 1895 era American castle on 8,000 acres of rolling hills and beautiful gardens.  It wasn’t something that Ron and I wanted to do so we made other plans. 

                       

   Nancy went in and picked up their tickets at the ticket building and we drove towards the Biltmore.  We were stopped at the entrance gate a couple of miles before the castle.  The lady was checking to make sure people entering the grounds had a ticket.  The girls showed their tickets and Ron told her that were just dropping them off.  The lady said I would have to get out because the two of us would not be allowed to enter the grounds.  It didn’t matter to her that we weren’t staying.  

                       

   Ron wheeled around the ticket inspector’s booth and took me up to the ticket building to wait.   Got out and walked in with my hat, sunglasses and white cane to wait inside.  A man hurried up and warned me about some steps and asked if he could help me.  I told him I was fine; that I was waiting on my ride.  I told him the lady back down at the entrance had kicked me out of the truck and made me wait for Ron to return.  He looked surprised but did not offer a comment.

   As I waited, I wondered if the ticket checker would not want me to see anything without paying.  Amazing.

After dropping the girls off at the Biltmore, Ron and I had breakfast on our minds.  The man at the ticket building where I waited told me about a cafe nearby called "The Moose Cafe", so that’s where we headed.  The gps came in handy for this one.

   The Moose Cafe was not that large and there were several ahead of us waiting for a table.  We were patient as could be as we were bathed in sweet aromas of breakfast.  

   Soon it was our turn and we took a booth next to the window.  The waitress was prompt and brought coffee as we pondered the menu.  She also dropped off a couple of home baked biscuits that were 3  times the size of a regular biscuit.  

   The man at the ticket building who told me about this pace was right...this was good!  I had bacon and eggs with home style potatoes, gravy, fried apples, applesauce, sorghum and another large biscuit!  Ron skipped the bacon and added a fried chicken breast with his meal.

   Life was good as we waddled outside to go take a hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment