Saturday, February 1, 2020

Cancun to Plata del Carmen

Playa del Carmen.
This afternoon we took a taxi into Playa del Carmen, a little seaside town about 35 miles and 435 pesos away. We spent some time shopping and listening to the “barkers” trying to get us into their stores and buy their stuff. They lined the street called 5th Avenue for 15 blocks. Four of them claimed to know us! 😎 “Hey! Remember me? I’m Carlos! I was your waiter at the restaurant!” One guy said, “I will not lie to you; I was NOT your waiter! Come! Let me show you something!”
   Our lunch at a corner cafe proved to be fun! We got balloon hats, great food and free entertainment by world class dancing waiters and waitresses!

   We also bought groceries at Walmart! Yes, Walmart! It was a very classy store! Very clean with a HUGE variety of produce! I think we spent a hundred dollars on food! It was great! It was all made or grown in Mexico. I don’t believe they would truck groceries from Bentonville to Cancun.

   Ron had trouble finding a Dr Pepper but the 7-Eleven has some, as they do
over Europe. Ron goes in and hands the clerk a $10 bill (us). She said, “I need more.” So Ron uses his credit card without thinking and went on his merry way. He began to realize what happened and checked his recent. His bottle of Dr Pepper cost him $14.00. Woah!! 😎  Note:  you probably shouldn’t ask Ron what a $14 bottle of Dr Pepper tastes like!  Just

   
     
















No comments:

Post a Comment