Saturday, January 28, 2023

Plantain

Bocara’s Smokehouse. 

 

   There are always good places to eat in Puerto Rico. As we traveled to the northern coast to check out Arecibo, we stopped at Bocata’s Smokehouse Restaurant for lunch. The location was great; right on the beach after the highway. There wasn’t much sandy beach but it was beautiful. 

Most everything on the menu was smoked. I was tempted to order the usual smokehouse treats like, brisket, pork, chicken, ribs and the like. Instead, I opted for something more Puerto Rican, like shrimp Plantain. 

    With all the bananas growing in the Caribbean, they decided to mash them, fry them and fold them over with anything you can think of stuffed inside. I had shrimp inside mine. Debby had smoked beef. 

   After trying them, I still prefer my bananas raw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment