Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gimmelwald

NOTE: The following BLOG was written entirely by Debby and Nancy:

Mike and Ron are up there in those Swiss mountains hiking so Nancy and I took took the big sightseeing tour of Gimmelwald . After the GRUELING 5 minutes, we sat down to recover by ordering our 2nd round of fruit and chocolate fondue. The guys would want us to do this!
So we are talking about our stay here in Gimmelwald and we will let you listen in.....

Nancy..."That is sure a quaint place we are staying in.....every step you take, every door you open has its own creakI "

Debby..."Yes. When have you ever stayed a a hotel with no keys and a shared potty down the hall?"

Nancy..."I took my first pay-as-you-go shower yesterday for the bargin price of 1 swiss franc....however for those of you that know Ron Pinkerton you know he figured out a way to get 2 for 1!"

Debby..."Oh, really....
and what about no curtains on the windows?.....oh well , no one can see in on the second floor up here on this mountain".

Nancy......."It is so amazing to wake up in the morning under our down comforters to the sound of cowbells!"

Debby....."Yeah, like the wild cows we saw up on the hike yesterday!"

Nancy....".Debby, milk cows aren't wild."

Debby...."Well, they were out in the woods and not at the barn ."

Nancy.....(sigh). .."Cows don't live in barns except in the movies!"

Debby...."Oh " (I'm a city girl)

Nancy....."Let's talk about my adventure!"

Debby...."Yes , I am glad you are here to tell the story!"

Nancy..."I let Mike talk me into jumping off a cliff, thousands of feet in the air to sail over the Swiss mountains to the valley below with a stranger (Fabian ) and a parasail!"

Debby...."Yeah, cause I'm a chicken!"

Nancy...."After seeing my life pass before me, I was finally able to open my eyes and enjoy the breathtaking view! And good looking Fabian made it more pleasant!!!"

Debby....."I'm totally impressed ! The scenery is incredible from here too. Riding the cable cars is similar....they are just attached!"

Nancy....."Really, if you say so........."

Debby and Nancy...."The scenery is so incredible pictures or words can not do it justice.
It does not even seem real!
Our God is an awesome God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment