Thursday, November 15, 2012

DESTIN, FLORIDA

Destin, Florida

We have parked ourselves in a spacious two bedroom condo overlooking the white sandy beach of Destin, Florida. We will be here for four days just relaxing and enjoying he 54degree November weather! (At least we don't waste suntan lotion or sunscreen!)

We ate lunch at the Whalestail Restaurant as soon as we parked. It was sunny and the red flag was flying. That meant to be cautious at the water because there are no lifeguards on duty (as if they expected us to go swimming).

Our Condo is in the Wyndham; it's beautiful. We went to Walmart and bought groceries. Debby is cooking a roast in her new mini crock pot! Yum!

The beach has awesome sand! It's as white as snow, making sunglasses a must! We watched the sun set. I was at the water's edge watching he surf and noticed a woman tossing bread crumbs into the air, feeding the Gulls; then abruptly step back with each toss. As she finished and walked towards me, I said, "I see that you are wise enough to NOT toss the food above your head, as I witnessed a man doing that one time"! She just looked at me and in a French accent said, "I do not understand." I said, "Uh oh, sorry", as she walked away. Ha Ha! The French....you gotta love 'em!


































No comments:

Post a Comment