Friday, November 16, 2018

First full day at sea

First full day at sea


                                     

It was about mid afternoon when everyone arrived and checked back in to the Zuiderdam. We sailed throughout the night. The seas have been calm since we begin this journey. At one point during the we hours of this morning we passed within 6 miles of Cuba.      

                                     

    Debby and I headed to the Lido deck for a bit of breakfast and coffee...especially the coffee! We had just finished when Reggie and Sandra joined us.    

   The massage was great, lasting 75 minutes. I felt like a new man after that. My massage therapist was from Thailand. I told her I had been there while stationed in the military, spending 30 days in Nakhon Phanom. She asked me, "what year?" I told her 1970 and she laughed out loud saying, "I wasn’t even born yet!"

   After my ordeal I felt like a million bucks! I may go back Friday for another round! It was expensive but well worth the price!

   Debby and Nancy had things going on today . Ron and I headed up to the Lido for lunch. I had Swiss steak and roasted potatoes. It was very good! After ice cream we strolled along the deck from aft to stern just seeing whatever we could see. There was blue water as far as the eye could see...for a normal sighted person, that is!

   We returned to our cabins for a little nap and down time. The good thing about a cruise with no internet or cell service there can be a lot of down time!

   This peace and quiet gave me enough time to continue writing in my "Where in the World are Mike and Debby?" Blog. Just a few more things and I will be caught up.

   Tonight is formal dining. Tomorrow we dock in Aruba.

   Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment