Sunday, February 5, 2023

Dog Gauntlet

Luquillo Dog Gauntlet

 

     I just wanted to show you what me and Toronto have to endure most every time we go to the beach.  The Barrio is home to many neighborhood dogs.  Luckily, most are enclosed behind various kinds of fences.  There are six or eight close by us that roam the streets and cause trouble.  I call this the “dog gauntlet”.  Fortunately whenever I have my cane in my other hand, they respect its reach and stay back.  Perhaps they have experienced the stick before.  It reaches about five feet when I open it up.  The sneakers, those mutts trying to sneak up behind me do not go unnoticed.  I just swing the cane around behind me and the noise of it going through the air is enough to make them jump back.  I’ve come close to connecting with a barking face a few times but they are too quick. 

   Dogs in the neighborhood is the main reason I stay in my own neighborhood, especially behind our privacy fence.  I would love to walk up to the Kiosks or to a tent at the entrance near the highway where a local sells BBQ.  It always smells good driving by.  Also the beach is nicer up by the food Kiosks.  It would be a mile of dog encounters and I don’t want to do that to Toronto.

 

   Disclaimer:  No dogs were killed or injured during my stay in Luquillo Beach.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment