Sunday, October 14, 2012

WINDSOR

WINDSOR, STONEHENGE and OXFORD

Our Tour stopped at Windsor Castle. It was very crowded! I don't know how the Queen can put up with so many tourists at one time! It took more than half an hour just to get to Security. I texted the Queen to see about having tea but the place was so big I couldn't find her! There are more than a thousand rooms in Windsor Castle. We had less than two hours to see everything so there was a lot we missed! My apologies to the Queen for standing her up!

A raging fire began in the Lantern Room a few years ago and caused millions of Pounds of damage. They did a magnificent job of reconstructing it.

The Queen's flag was flying today, which meant she was in residence there today. It was an awesome feeling to be virtually rubbing shoulders with Royalty! I'm certain they were feeling the same warm fuzzies knowing we were on site, too!

Stonehenge was cool. By the time we got there most of it was a pile of rubble, but we enjoyed the wide open countryside and the large crowds congregating in a 3 acre spot. The highlight was a small food stand where I consumed a hot tomato and mozzarella sandwich.

Our final stop was at Oxford University. Just knowing that half the English Royalty and men like C.S.Lewis were educated here made me feel a lot smarter. I think if we had more time, I could have finished my Philosophy degree. I did manage to buy a stocking hat that had "Oxford University" printed on it. I figured I could probably finish my degree through osmosis.

An hour and a half bus ride and we find our way back to Victoria Station, only $24 from our apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment