Wednesday, February 24, 2021

 Puerto Peñasco, Mexico...Day 2

 


   We spent a relaxing day around the resort getting to know the lay of the land and finding our way around. The most pristine area of the property is the South side along the swimming pools and the Lazy River. The landscape is well done. The lawn grass is well watered and manicured. The landscape is cultivated with various cacti, tropical plants and palm trees. There is quite a bit of pool shoreline with a host of lounge chairs and thatched-roof shelters that provide shade under the hot Mexican sun. Today however, the heat is not our problem. The low 60’s and gusty wind makes my jacket feel great!  It’s still a far cry from 19 degrees with a yard full of ice!

   As we walked around the area, we couldn’t help but take notice that the place was empty. We had it all to ourselves!  Toronto and I took a stroll across the sandy beach and walked along the shore of the Sea of Cortez.  I let Toronto off leash because no one but us was on the beach. He ran and jumped around like s spring Lamb and quickly scurried back as soon as his feet got wet!  

   I have taught Toronto to drop everything he is doing, sniffing or exploring and immediately come running to me when I call the name, “BEAR”!  He is kibble-motivated and he knows I always carry an ample supply in a pouch on my hip. More than that, he knows I treat generously when I call!  It works every time!

   This afternoon was spent relaxing and resting. Debby and Nancy walked down to the beach to catch some sun while Ron and I returned to our respective condos for som R & R and a nap or two. I’m not sure about Ron but I did not disappoint myself!

   Our evening lunch at the restaurant was a medley of hamburger, fries, a sandwich, loaded nachos and a couple of tropical fruit plates!  

   Our stroll around the pool and along the Lazy River yielded photos and my new ball cap. Back to our condo, I spent time trying to get maintenance to respond to the loud noises being made by our tiny patio pool. They failed to get it fixed. We will have to listen to it all night. 

   We finished the day by cutting open a fresh watermelon and talking about our day. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment